5.01.2010

Market and Museum Day

I decided this week that Saturdays are Market and Museum Days.

BOROUGH MARKET
Foodie heaven. Cheeses, beautiful produce, bread, and ostrich burgers
 I had been told that ostrich  burgers were incredible, but I was somewhat skeptical of eating one. It just didn't sound appetizing. After paroozing around the market a bit, and sampling olives and divine, syrupy balsamic vinegar, Carly and I decided that we were going to get one of these "exotic meats".

So divine. If you ever come to Borough Market you must get one, no questions asked.

The meat is somewhat spicy, almost like a sausage, but it is lighter like chicken. I promise you it's like nothing you've ever had before. They put comte cheese on it with spring greens, grilled onions, cranberry sauce, and grainy mustard. So incredibly good. We're now obsessed.

Carly with her burger. 

Olives, lots and lots of olives.

TATE MODERN
When I was getting ready to come here thinking about visiting the Tate Modern always brought a smile to my face. It did not disappoint. So many amazing pieces. I think it was the happiest I've been since coming. It was strange, really. I felt so comfortable and relaxed. Every big name in modern art was there, Matisse, Miro, Picasso, Lichtenstein, Rodin, Monet... We spent about three hours in the museum wandering leisurely through the galleries. 
Rothko "Untitled" (ca. 1950-52)


Matisse "The Snail"


3 comments:

  1. Well it has only been 4 days and once again, like always, it appears you were right. I concede that it is possible (<-- key word here) that I misjudged the quality of the food in London. Never again will I doubt your supreme knowledge on these matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i may have to come visit you in london just for the ostrich burgers...they sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel I can't believe I made your blog. I even got a picture. I feel so special.

    ReplyDelete