6.04.2009

SF MoMA

I decided about a week ago that being away from school made me feel like a schlump (It is too a word. I just made it up.) I think I've taken a humanities class every semester of college...Nay I'm positive that I have. Thus, I was feeling culturally deprived. The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art was exactly what I needed. The highlight of the trip was the Georgia O'Keefe and Ansel Adams: Natural Affinities exhibit. It was truly amazing. I'm going to now make you suffer through some of my favorites...

Abstraction White Rose, O'Keefe
Red Canna, O'Keefe
And words cannot express my profound admiration of Adams. Seriously, the man is a genius.
Dogwood Blossoms, from Portfolio Three: Yosemite Valley, Adams

Roots, Foster Gardens, Honolulu, Adams
Of course, I was elated to see so many of the artists and their pieces that I learned about in my American Humanities class (sorry Prof. Sowell, Western Humanities doesn't even come close...) As soon as I saw Duchamp's Fountain I was in readymade heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment